The pandemic has brought complete devastation to so many industries. Across the country, performers have watched as the live music scene has completely disappeared overnight. A group of bands (and one musician-turned-software-engineer) decided to use their talents to create a movement that raises money for progressive causes while sharing music that heals the soul.
The upcoming election will be consequential for so many lives and livelihoods. Playlists for Progress offers a platform for musicians to help defend our democracy, and for fans to fight back against voter suppression while supporting their favorite artists.
When you donate through Playlist for Progress, you will get access to exclusive content:
- $5 minimum donation for a single
- $10 minimum donation for an individual artist's special Playlist for Progress collection
- $30 minimum donation for a unique, custom-generated playlist featuring 10 artists
What happens when I donate?
As long as you donate at least the minimum amount, you will receive a a link to your music sent directly to your email address.
Where does my donation go? Are you making any money off of this?
All money is donated directly to the recipient organizations through ActBlue. Playlist for Progress is a 100% volunteer effort put together by a group of musicians and developers, and we do not take any cut of the donations. All payments are handled through ActBlue's platform.
How can I get involved?
- If you are a musician, or know any musical artists who might be interested in participating, email us at email@example.com to find out how to get your music on our platform.
- Not a musician but still want to contribute? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you’d like to help.
I donated and didn’t receive my download link. What should I do?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve this in a timely manner.
What happens if I give less than the recommended minimum?
ActBlue's form allows you to customize your donation amount. Unfortunately, if you do not donate at least $5 for single, $10 for an album, or $30 for a custom playlist, we can't send you a download. We still appreciate your contribution though – defending democracy is its own reward!
Who can donate?
Our participating organizations are Political Action Committees (PACs) registered with the Federal Election Commission and various state and local campaign finance regulators as needed. In order to donate, you must meet the following contribution rules:
- You must be at least eighteen years old.
- Your contribution must be from your own funds, and funds cannot not be provided to you by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
- Your contribution complies with the provisions of the Ethics in Government Act, O.C.G.A. Sec 21-5-30, et seq.